The demand for photos Editing png with transparent backgrounds is increasing day by day. For eCommerce or e-business photos, transparent background helps from many aspects. Especially for Editing png, this will be a valuable tutorial to quickly learn the process of making a transparent background in photoshop.
As we know that, photos are one of the significant parts of online businesses. Therefore, you should learn the fundamentals of some specific kinds of an image used commonly.
If you’re a professional photographer or running an online business or newbie editor, you must know about transparent photography. It will help you to enrich your mind and improve your profession.
Today, throughout this article, we will learn the use cases of transparent photos and how to make them Edit clean png in photoshop. So, please sit back, take a cup of tea and let’s get started.
- 1 What do you mean by Editing png or Background Transparent?
- 2 Why would you use a transparent photo background?
- 3 What is the color of Background Transparent?
- 4 How do you use Transparent Images Background?
- 5 How to add a white background to a photo
- 5.1 1. Open the image
- 5.2 2. Duplicate the layer
- 5.3 3. Create and add a white Transparent Background in photoshop
- 5.4 Quick tip to beautify the photo after you add a white Transparent Background in photoshop
- 5.5 5. Add a layer mask to continue
- 5.6 6. Select the “Hard Round” brush
- 5.7 7. Change the brush color.
- 5.8 8. Paint out the full background
- 5.9 9. Perfect the edges of your photo
- 5.10 10. Save and store the image
What do you mean by Editing png or Background Transparent?
By transparent banner background, it means there’s no background color, not even white, allowing what’s behind it to show through.
In easy words, if there is a ball in the photo and the background is a transparent png icon, the ball is the only object in the image with no background border.
You can change the background to any other color, keeping the object inside as it is! These photos are also checkered backgrounds sometimes.
The file type of transparent background png image for Editing photos is. It means the name of this kind of file is file_name.png
Other images without transparency have pixels and colors within those pixels, even if it is white.
But the specialty of transparent background is, it has nothing in the background pixels.
For logos, banners, advertisements, and products, fond transparent photoshop backgrounds are the most. However, it depends on the requirement of where are blank image background should be used.
Why would you use a transparent photo background?
You can use a transparent photo for many reasons. The most popular reason is “for using in affiliate eCommerce sites like Amazon, eBay and so on.”
When you have a product with a fancy background, you upload the photo onto your Amazon seller page. But, unfortunately, the picture won’t be approved so quickly.
Those eCommerce affiliate partners generally want photos containing blank transparent images or white backgrounds.
That’s why when you visit most online stores, you will notice white or transparent backgrounds.
Let’s be more clarified. Transparent or white background helps users online to focus on the product more clearly. It improves the visibility of a product, and that is why it’s recommended to keep the background of product photos white.
Transparent stock photo is also nowadays. People buy and use these photos in their online stores or blogs. Moreover, The PNG format is comparatively light and easy to use image editing.
Interestingly, you can use transparent photos to merge them with other images. For example, if the excellent picture has a ball in it, you can place the image on another shot, and in this case, the ball will be visible only.
What is the color of Background Transparent?
This is the most exciting part and specialty of transparency. It is neither white nor any specific color. It’s blank! Just the object inside the photo is visible.
But the other parts excepting the object will look like it has a checkered background. When the photo is in another image, the varied experience will get invisible.
But yes, the transparency isn’t permanent at all. You can change the transparency into a color easily with Photoshop.
For example, if you need a white background, you can do it! Or you can turn the experience into a black transparent background that looks black but will be photo frame transparent when placed on another png photo. Editing Depth of transparency can also be When we make an image transparent.
We can change the depth of openness from anywhere between 1 and 100%. We are always able to modify or replace a transparent background with another one. It is easy and works better for portrait photos.
How do you use Transparent Images Background?
Using transparent images is easier than you think. After you’re done making a picture transparent and it becomes ready to use anywhere.
At first, you should optimize the photo size to make sure it does not consume too much space. Otherwise, if you use it on your webpage or social media page, the page may load slowly.
For your logos, banners, advertisements, the transparent background will help you not worry about the experience clashing or competing with its surrounding.
For example, when you use a logo background transparent and place it simply on the website, the logo itself will pop up without any border or surrounding color.
You can use transparent photos with easy background drawings and designs. It will help you beautify the image.
But you can only use background drawing on photos for your online website, page, or blog because third-party selling assistants may not accept this kind of photo.
Till now, we have understood the way transparent photo works and different use cases. Now, let’s get practical and learn the procedures of adding a white logo png background, making good photos, and merging the files in Photoshop.
How to add a white background to a photo
From transparent editing banner png to complex product designs, we have turned plenty of photos’ backgrounds into white.
To remove distractions and cast all the focus on the subject of the photo is a good idea.
Therefore, the strength of white background for products, banners, and other images is necessary.
Although you need time to master the art of photoshop, it is simple enough to add a white background to photoshop.
And we are going to show you the easiest way to make a photo frame background white.
So let’s get started!
1. Open the image
At the initial stage, you will have to open up the image file on photoshop. Follow the below instructions to do so.
- Click ” File” from the top menu and select “open.”
- Select the image file you want, and the image will appear on the screen of your Photoshop.
2. Duplicate the layer
The title may sound a little complex to newbies, but it is easier than opening the image! So, the next step is duplicating the layer.
As a newbie, it is for you to understand what layer is. According to adobe, Now, follow these steps to duplicate the layer:
- Open the “Layers” window.
- Drag the layer you see to the “New” button on the “Layers” panel to make a duplicate.
- Rename the layer with your conventional naming. It will help you differentiate the photos. It is also necessary for consistency and maintaining organization.
3. Create and add a white Transparent Background in photoshop
Now, you have the layer and the image. It’s time to create a white background and add the knowledge to the photo you need. You can also perform these steps at first if you need them:
- From the top menu, click “image” and hover over “adjustments,” then select “Levels.” The “Levels” menu will.
- Adjust the sliders in the “Levels” menu until the image becomes pure white and smooth. Take the white and grey sliders fully to the left to make the deep white look. It will also lighten the mid-tones.
Quick tip to beautify the photo after you add a white Transparent Background in photoshop
You can add faint shadows while you adjust the sliders to beautify the edges of the white background. Adjust it as you need according to your photography style.
Duplicate your original image file after adjusting the sliders. We have to duplicate the original image for the second time. Follow the steps again from step 1. Open the image.
5. Add a layer mask to continue
With the first layer (The one you created the pure white background by adjusting the sliders), add a layer mask by following the steps:
- Select the first layer
- Click the “add layer mask” button on the “Layers” panel. The new layer mask will be at the right of the first layer.
6. Select the “Hard Round” brush
After creating a “Layer Mask” for the first layer, in the next step, select the “Hard Round” brush by the following guidelines:
- Click on the “Brush Tool” on the tools panel. You can even do this by pressing “B” on your keyboard.
- Then select the “Hard Round” brush style and set its opacity to 100%
The “Hard Round” brush style helps you apply the removed white background to more expansive areas.
7. Change the brush color.
Now change the color of the “Hard Round” brush by these steps:
- Click inside the white square, which is located directly to the right of the first layer, and click the “Layer Mask.”
- Select and change the brush color to black.
8. Paint out the full background
Now, with brush style and your chosen color, you have to paint out the entire background. The following steps should be for this:
- Paint out the background around the clients carefully. This step needs to be accurate. You will see the black transparent background areas lightened as you pant, and the rest will be dark.
- On the layer mask, build up the black by releasing it and clicking it again for once. In this way, you can lighten and darken areas according to necessity.
To change color, press “x” on the keyboard to switch from “black” to “white.”
9. Perfect the edges of your photo
Not every image needs the necessity of this step. But it is better to prepare to make the edges look perfect in times of need. For this purpose, zoom in on the photo to 100%. Then, create a new “layer mask” and set the color to “black.”
You can use a light edge rather than using a hard edge like the steps above. Keep the opacity between 95%-100%. The softer brush edge in Photoshop allows you to paint out any missed parts. You don’t have to create new sharp edges in this method.
10. Save and store the image
Be aware of saving the file after every change you make within your photos. It is a good practice to avoid corruption, breaking images.
Use your naming conventions to be able to differentiate multiple photos and save the files in Photoshop. Later, export the files in image hosting/storing options.
You have learned how to add Transparent white background to a photo, but it is crucial to save images frequently while you work. It’s easy when you use your keyboard. Press “CTRL+S,” and your file will get saved every time.